The “What If” Game


As with any parent when raising my children there were times when I would have to tell them to do something they didn’t want to do or said no to something they wanted to do. I had reason behind what I told them to do.  Their innocent adorable little selves had their own agenda. So then would come the what if  _____ or what if ______?  They had a ton of scenarios to fill in the blank! I  learned the more I responded the further down the rabbit trial we went away from what they need to do or not do. In an effort to avoid the rabbit trail distractions I would simply reply “I don’t play the what if game” 

  How often as adults does the enemy whisper those what if scenarios  in our thoughts to lead us down rabbit trails that distract us from God’s plans or instructions for us?  What if people don’t like me? What if people don’t approve of what God asked me to do? What if I fail? The response is simple. Stand up tall and confident in the power of the Lord and say “I don’t Play the what if game!” 

Just like any parent God has His reasons for His plans, calling and instructions to us. Actually even more so “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.“‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55‬:‭9‬ ( ‭NKJV‬‬) He has the wisdom and ability to see the bigger picture where as only see what’s going on in the moment. 

”Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬)  Even when you can’t understand his reasoning you can trust God!  He will never leave you or forsake you. He won’t lead you in  the wrong direction. You can trust Him more than your own self. 

We have been given authority over the enemy. Jesus defeated him  over 2000 years ago.  So, don’t give in to his what if lies! Stand on the solid Rock and refuse to play The What if game!!! 

Regina Dowker 2024 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste and See/Sugar Sticks

The Lion Tamer